What is covered?
Family assistance for imprisoned HRDs or family members who are at risk because of a HRD’s activities
The support is provided by: Frontline Defenders (FLD)
Ways to reach out:
Important information about time and eligibility restrictions, as well as further requirements:
Grants are for amounts up to a maximum of €7,500.
no funding for:
– Retrospective funding;
– International organisations;
– Organisations that have applied or are already receiving funding for the same purpose elsewhere;
– Projects which focus on broader human rights issues rather than the specific situation of human rights defenders;
– Costs for human rights defenders who are already in exile;
– Ongoing office running costs such as salaries and rent;
– Armed security guards;
– Purchase of vehicles.