What is covered?
- Subsistence costs: short term support if you are not able to work, or costs to temporarily flee an unsafe or vulnerable situation
- Family support: temporary support for family members of journalists who are unable to work, who are imprisoned, or who are deceased;
- Professional equipment: digital tools like VPNs for online protection and work materials in exceptional cases
The support is provided by: Free Press Unlimited (FPU)
Ways to reach out:
Important information about time and eligibility restrictions, as well as further requirements:
- The emergency situation is a direct result of your work.
- The assistance is not structural.
- Your situation can be confirmed by at least two trusted sources.